To ensure that the
enrolment process is a smooth one, the steps are as follows:
Enrolling year 7 students for 2022
Applications for enrolment for Year 7 in 2022 open Monday 26 October 2020.
To ensure that the enrolment process is a smooth one, the steps are as follows:
1. Download the Expression of Interest Form (2022).
Enrolment packs, including the EOI form, are also available from
- the Bracken Ridge SHS office; and
- local primary school offices (available from Term 4 2020).
2. Return the completed form and supporting documentation (as listed on the EOI form) to the Bracken Ridge SHS office:
3. All families are required to attend an enrolment session with the Principal or a representative to ensure a smooth transition into school. Parents/guardians will be contacted by telephone to organise an enrolment interview/session: Families may attend an interview to discuss specific needs and circumstances.
Enrolling students (of any year level) for 2021
1. Collect an enrolment pack, which includes the Expression of Interest – Enrolment to Bracken Ridge State High School (EOI form) from the Bracken Ridge SHS office.
2. Return the completed EOI to the Bracken Ridge SHS office, with the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Most recent school report
- Passport and visa if born overseas
- Proof of residency within catchment area ( for in-catchment applications )
- Current rental/lease agreement, or rates notice, or unconditional contract of sale; and
- Utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing the same address and parent's/legal guardian's name
- Any other information which would assist in placing the student in the appropriate course of study
Completed applications for enrolment may be returned to the school
3. As soon as practicable after receiving the application for enrolment and all supporting documents, the Enrolment Officer will organise an enrolment interview. A parent/guardian will need to be present with the student at the enrolment interview. Please be advised that enrolment interviews with relevant Deputy Principals will only be scheduled once all application forms and requested documentation have been provided to the Enrolments Officer.
Enrolment Management Plan (EMP)
Bracken Ridge State High School has an Enrolment Management Plan in place, which sets out the conditions under which students are enrolled.
Please refer to the catchment maps which can be viewed at https://www.qgso.qld.gov.au/maps/edmap/
Out of catchment applications for enrolment
Families who live outside of the catchment are welcome to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at Bracken Ridge SHS will be placed on a waiting list and assessed in order of receipt.